Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.
Wie zijn wij
Geodis is one of the world’s largest Supply Chain Operators. As part of SNCF Logistics within the SNCF Group, Geodis is ranked number 1 in France and number 4 in Europe. With more than 40,000 dedicated professionals, our international reach includes a direct presence in 67 countries and a global network spanning over 120 countries. With our five lines of business, Supply Chain Optimization, Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, Distribution & Express and Road Transport, we are committed to manage our customers’ Supply Chain the best way possible. How? By providing end-to-end solutions, a solid infrastructure and efficient processes & systems. Geodis Netherlands has main operating facilities in Schiphol (Airfreight), Rotterdam (Seafreight) and Venlo (Warehousing / Contract Logistics). Our mission, ‘we help our clients succeed by overcoming logistical constraints’. Our vision, ‘we logistic their growth’. Or in this case, ‘we logistic your career!’
Take on the challenge of setting up our Pharma & Healthcare unit from scratch and making it (y)our biggest success ever! Your ultimate goal is a perfect and on-time coordination of our clients’ highvalue pharma shipments from A to Z. And ease their minds by offering a smooth logistical process in a solid GDP certified environment! Your responsibility ranges from assisting Business Development in acquisition and first client contact to long-term relationship management with our existing clients, suppliers and global network. You’re the one to answer their calls, take care of the files & invoicing and make sure every step is administrated. All the while focusing on pricing, client quotations and negotiating rates with airlines to ensure you and your client get a good deal and you maximize profit on your shipments. In the end, you’re in the lead working closely together with your Export teammates and other departments to improve processes, expand our business and optimize our service to the max. You will be working at Schiphol-Rijk and report directly to our Export Manager Air. And here's the extra exciting part … you’ll be backed up by a highly professional global organization with even more driven and fun colleagues. Did we trigger you just now? Then keep reading!
- A relevant educational background with GDP certifications combined with at least 3 to 5 years specific Pharma & Healthcare experience in freight forwarding;
- understanding of the financial side of the forwarding process (costs, loss, profit, buy-ins);
- experience with one or more freight forwarding IT systems and MS Office applications;
- excellent language skills in both Dutch & English and good intercultural relationship skills;
- an insatiable appetite to learn so you’re up-to-date with the branch and latest trends;
- flexibility to be reachable for escalations outside working hours and willingness to back up your colleagues during absence or peaks;
- you are a service-minded listener and convincing communicator, ready to be challenged by demanding high-profile clients and fulfil their logistical needs!
- Being part of one of the world’s largest Supply Chain companies;
- working in an international environment with professional and driven colleagues;
- a personalized career path with growth opportunities and job specific education;
- a good salary to be able to pay the bills and a solid pension scheme;
- 8% holiday pay and 28 vacation days for a good work-life balance;
- a choice in travel expenses (home to office) based on km’s by car or public transport;
- all the tools you need such as a well-equipped workplace with laptop and company phone;
- a lot of fun and celebrating successes together!
Opleiding en relevante vacatures
Interessant als je nog niet de vereiste competenties voor deze functie bezit en graag een (aanvullende) training wilt volgen of je staat voor de keuze van een vervolgstudie en zoekt een opleiding die aansluit bij deze functie of branche.