Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.
Wie zijn wij
Geodis is one of the world’s largest Supply Chain Operators. As part of SNCF Logistics within the SNCF Group, Geodis is ranked number 1 in France and number 4 in Europe. With more than 40,000 dedicated professionals, our international reach includes a direct presence in 67 countries and a global network spanning over 120 countries. With our five lines of business, Supply Chain Optimization, Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, Distribution & Express and Road Transport, we are committed to manage our customers’ Supply Chain the best way possible. How? By providing end-to-end solutions, a solid infrastructure and efficient processes & systems. Geodis Netherlands has main operating facilities in Schiphol (Airfreight), Rotterdam (Seafreight) and Venlo (Warehousing / Contract Logistics). Our mission, ‘we help our clients succeed by overcoming logistical constraints’. Our vision, ‘we logistic their growth’. Or in this case, ‘we logistic your career!’
Your ultimate goal is a perfect and on-time coordination of our clients’ high-value shipments from A to Z. You’re the one to answer their calls, take care of the files & invoicing and make sure every step is well administrated. Because of your proactive communication, your strong professional knowledge and service-oriented attitude, you build strong relationships with our customers, our global network, suppliers and dedicated account team. You know how to strike good deals and maximize profit on your shipments. All the while, working closely together with your colleagues to improve processes, expand our business and optimize our service to the max. And you’re always eager to learn so you are up-to-date with the latest branch developments & trends. You will be working from our office at Schiphol-Rijk within a small and professional team and report to your teamleader Export. And here's the extra exciting part ... you get to do all of this in a very informal, international environment with even more fun colleagues. Did we trigger you just now? Then keep reading!
- Relevant education, certifications and at least 1 - 3 years air freight forwarding experience;
- knowledge of the air freight forwarding process and relevant documentation (supplier conditions, Incoterms, basic customs regulations, tariffs etc.);
- understanding of the financial side of the forwarding process (costs, loss, profit, buy-ins);
- experience with one or more freight forwarding IT systems and MS Office applications;
- excellent language skills in both Dutch & English and good intercultural relationship skills;
- Your flexibility to work shifts (08:30 – 17:30h and 14:00 – 23:00h). Sometimes we also need you to back up teammates during absence or peaks and work weekends (mainly Saturdays);
- you are a service minded listener and convincing communicator, ready to be challenged by demanding high profile customers.
- Being part of one of the world’s largest Supply Chain companies;
- working in an international environment with professional and driven colleagues;
- a personalized career path with growth opportunities and job specific education;
- a good salary with extra shift allowances to pay the bills and a solid pension scheme;
- 8% holiday pay and 28 vacation days for a good work-life balance;
- a choice in travel expenses (home to office) based on km’s by car or public transport;
- all the tools you need to be successful like a well-equipped workplace and desktop/laptop;
- a lot of fun and celebrating successes together!
Opleiding en relevante vacatures
Interessant als je nog niet de vereiste competenties voor deze functie bezit en graag een (aanvullende) training wilt volgen of je staat voor de keuze van een vervolgstudie en zoekt een opleiding die aansluit bij deze functie of branche.